pork fillet, diced
chicken stock cube
mustard e.g. Dijon
A family dinner that's good for heart health as it's low in both saturated fat and salt, and contains oats.
15 minutes to prepare
60 minutes to cook.
£1.50-£1.74 per serving
Total time 75 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 200°C, gas mark 6.
- Heat 1tbsp rapeseed oil in a frying pan and fry the leeks for 3-4 minutes. Transfer to a casserole dish.
- Heat the remaining rapeseed oil and brown the pork, add the oats, stock cube, 200ml water, cider and mustard, bring to the boil.
- Stir into the leeks and add the sage.
- Cover and bake for 1 hour until the meat is tender.
Try adding some cannellini beans towards the end to help the
meat go further.