Baked Barley & Butternut Squash Risotto
- 1 (approx. 1kg)
butternut squash, diced
vegetable stock cube
Get a serving of wholegrain with this tasty, low fat dish.
15 minutes to prepare
45 minutes to cook.
75p-99p per serving
Total time 60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 220°C, gas mark 7.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the onion and barley for 5 minutes.
- Transfer to a large casserole dish.
- Add 400ml water with the remaining ingredients except the coriander.
- Bring to the boil, cover and then bake in the oven for 45 minutes, stirring half way through.
- Stir in the coriander and season to taste.
Try adding diced chicken for a meaty option.