NEW Blueberry & Oat Muffins
oats + 1tbsp
light muscovado sugar
medium egg, beaten
cold-pressed rapeseed oil
This recipe uses rapeseed oil in place of butter - meaning each muffin contains about 77% less saturated fat.
15 minutes to prepare
30 minutes to cook.
25p-49p per serving
Total time 45 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
- Place 12 paper muffin cases into muffin tins.
- Mix together the flour, oats, baking powder and sugar in a large bowl.
- In a separate bowl mix together the egg, buttermilk and oil.
- Stir the egg mixture into the flour mixture until combined.
- Then stir in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the paper cases.
- Sprinkle over the remaining 1tbsp oats.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes until golden.
Ideal for freezing.