dark muscovado sugar
low-fat soft cheese
lemon, zest only - to decorate
Using rapeseed oil makes this a healthier alternative of a family favourite. This cake contains 60% less saturated fat per slice by using rapeseed oil in place of butter.
15 minutes to prepare
45 minutes to cook.
25p-49p per serving
Total time 60 minutes
- Preheat the oven to 180oC, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line the base of a 21cm round cake tin with baking parchment.
- Mix together the flours, baking powder and sugar.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and rapeseed oil until creamy.
- Fold the egg mixture into the flour mixture, along with the carrots.
- Spoon into the tin and bake for 45 minutes until cooked throughout.
- Cool slightly before removing from the tin.
- Allow to cool completely.
- Whisk together the soft cheese, icing sugar and lemon juice.
- Spread the icing on the cooled cake.
- Decorate with the lemon zest.
Ideal for freezing.